Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Planning mkII

I had another crack at PLANNING after seeing Jane at the weekend & even with two of us it still seemed a bit on the complicated side for the following reasons:
  • We have acquired various seed packets – including some flower seeds – & it would be churlish not to use these whether we want to grow them or not
  • We would like to grow other items as well – which will involve some outlay!
  • Neither of us knows what we are doing with regard to fruit bushes – & it would be easy to make expensive mistakes

General decisions are to try & keep it fairly simple & cheap(!), & Jane says she’s happy to do all that fiddly messing about with seed trays & compost for stuff which needs starting off indoors (good-o!).

We’ve not come to any decisions about fruit bushes – although I’m sure I’ll snap into decision mode when I’m next in the garden centre.

With regard to purchases – Wilko now have their gardening range back in, so I invested in a box for our seeds, some lime (cheaper than at the Hill) & a bag of seed potatoes which are now laid out to chit in the top room (that’s £5.67, statisticophiles!)

The latter selected not on the basis of taste or suitability to the land, or any of that nonsense, but purely on the basis that they are super duper early and can be planted mid Feb for a May crop.

Impatient, me? Certainly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...