Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Monday, June 01, 2009

No Radish? No worries!

Another delightfully hot day here – so watering was the order of the day at the Hill this evening.

I also took along the sweetcorn seedlings to plant out – nestled snugly in a block, four by four, which will help pollination of the cobs in due course.

With the second sowing of RADISH (french breakfast 3) still not ready to pick – thus leaving a gap in my salads at the moment – I sowed a third row in order to try to avoid another gap when the second lot are finished.

Before heading off home I picked a leaf off each of the biggest of the SWISS CHARD (bright lights) which made tonight’s salad go with a zing – radish or no radish!

2 comments:

  1. My chickens are just finishing off the last of last year's chard (not Bright Lights however). I've got Bright Lights and HSL Samara doing well this season so I hope to get some myself as well as be self sufficient in the chickies' favourite greens (or reds, or yellows!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect that the chooks won't mind boring green chard, so maybe you can keep the 'bright lights' for your own tea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...