Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Friday, June 05, 2009

Trouble with Tomatoes!

Of the six tomato buckets that I have potted up in buckets at home, three have been protected from weather - & cats - with sticks, & three protected with fleece.

After I discovered a particularly suspicious depression in one of the fleece covered tubs - and I'd like to think a guilty looking cat, but that is not actually true - I conclude that the sticks are the way to go, & the fleece is not up to the job.

Live & learn - yet again!

2 comments:

  1. ooops - no virtual prawns or catnip then?

    Those Wilko buckets are going to work brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too right, Bilbo - I am very pleased with the buckets, but not the cats at the mo!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...