Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Bulb Pass the Parcel!

No visit to the Hill tonight, but I spent a productive half hour sorting out the tulip bulbs which I dug up a few weeks ago & have been drying off in the mini greenhouse.

During the couple of years they've been in the front of the plot, they have grown & multiplied & now I have lifted, split sorted them - I have plenty of tulips now! So many that I've kept some of the very largest ones for replanting, & I've offered the rest of the big & medium sized ones out on the GYO Grapevine seed swap.

I also sorted the daffodil bulbs & the shallots (keeping the two very separate!) & put those in the garage, & that has made room in the mini greenhouse for onions, which have been not getting very dry on the bench...

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...