Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Friday, August 14, 2009

Articles & Apple Wine

I’m not sure how legible this cutting is from our local paper about the Show, and the Birmingham ‘best site’ judging – give it a click & see if it pops up so that it is more than ant’s writing.

We did do well with the Best Site in Birmingham (no personal credit claimed as I wasn’t even able to be in attendance for the big Tidy Up on site a few weeks ago. I was part of the big Tidy Up last year – & we came second, so what does that tell us?)

I went & picked sweet peas at the Hill with mum this evening – how prolific these have been! I’ve not given them much attention, but they’ve kept going for weeks now.

We also picked some RUNNER BEANS (essex bb) & FRENCH BEANS (barlotti jody) for her to take home.

Meanwhile, the apple wine has had it’s time going mad in the bucket, so tonight I strained out the lemon rind (& odd stray apple chunk) & whipped it into a dj to continue fermenting. My efficiency did not stretch to measuring the SG, however, so it will now sit in its murky gloom until racking when I’ll check to see if the sugary mixture has turned into a nice sweet wine, or something to knock yer fillings out…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...