Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Courgette Chutney Variations...

The weather has been increasingly rainy today, & so chilly that I even thought about putting the heating on earlier.

Instead of sulking in front of the fire, however, I set too with the maslin pan & cooked the courgette chutney. Apart from a frantic few minutes when I realised that the rubber seals for the parfait jars vary in size depending on the jar size, the potting up went well.

I hope that it tastes as good as the jar that I've had from Sheila (at the top) - even though mine has inadvertently been made with white vinegar as opposed to white wine vinegar - the proof will be in the tasting in a month or so...

1 comment:

  1. Looks great. I'm hoping for another chutney session (or two) at the weekend when Himself is at a conference. He can't bear the smell. I love it. Boiling vinegar - hmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...