Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Confessional...

Well I did have a sort through my seed box tonight.

Er - I do have rather a lot of seed packets, & this is after I put a whole heap of seed packets into the seed swap parcel which I had a few weeks ago.

The list of seed looks like this:

Unusual veg - 7 varieties/packets
Root veg - 26 varieties/packets
Beans - 35 varieties/packets
Peas - 14 varieties/packets
Brassica - 18 varieties/packets
Salad veg - 54 varieties/packets
Herbs - 3 varieties/packets

I originally had a list of an astonishing 37 types of vegetable detailed separately - but thought the list might look rather less lavish grouped into categories, but I'm really not so sure now...

Must get a grip!

4 comments:

  1. You are aware that you only have a half plot and not the whole of the Hill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely need to give the girl a whole plot to herself!

    As for the Seed Collection - ooo, err, missus - and I thought my fabric stash was out of control, at least if I don't use the stuff it doesn't go off whereas some of your seeds can only wait a year or so for you to decide what to do with them. 35 different beans, not even Flummery is growing that many {giggle}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, yeah - very funny you lot!

    And in my defence with regard to the beans, Bilbo - that number does include varieties of broad bean, runner beans, dwarf fr beans, climbing fr beans & soya beans, so it's not that bad really?

    Hmm - probably!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We collect seeds so we can infect you with the enthusiasm Bilbo. I have to confess that I daren't even count mine. Beans, peas and tomatoes are my weakness because I can save the seeds - or even breed new varieties.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...