Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Giving & Receiving & Giving Again

John Badger at the bottom sent a note round to all everyone at the Hill a couple of weeks ago asking for donations of any spare produce to make up a hamper to raffle off this weekend at the clubhouse.

I'll put in a couple of the red kuri squash, a couple sweetcorn cobs, & a couple of jars of chutney. I toyed with the idea of donating the 'olive' squash, but figured that it would be rather bigger than the hamper, so discounted that thought.

On a separate note, JB has been nurturing a grapevine in his greenhouse & now that the bunches of grapes are ripening, he's asked me to take the bunches & make wine with them.

He dropped me a note today, "Its great to be able to look forward to some home made wine. Help yourself. They are only small but sweet," thus demonstrating a great deal of confidence in my wine making abilities...

2 comments:

  1. They do say what goes around comes around. My next door (house and now plot) neighbour is like this. On his 80th birthday a year or so back, someone bought him a rose called The Generous Gardener. Couldn't have been more apt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! I know a number of gardeners worthy of that particular rose.

    Makes you realise that the world's not such a bad ol' place after all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...