Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

How Did THAT Happen?

I thought a rather enjoyable job would be to start looking through the various seed packets & start to form some sort of opinion about what I'd like to grow next year - which varieties are a definite 'yes' & a definite 'no'.

Of course I know that there will be a grey area - particularly with some of the peas & beans as although I will not necessarily want to grow pea X again next year, I might not want to do away with it forever.

But I did think that if I started to sort the seeds into different veg, at least I would be able to see if I have - say - 8 varieties of carrot, or something.

I got disheartened with this virtually immediately because there are just so many packs of seeds - I don't remember putting all of these in the box - & I need to be in a much more ruthless frame of mind than I am tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Whoops, like you say, how DID that happen? Very easily I suspect, just like a quilter suddenly finds they have amassed a fabric stash which is overflowing all available storage space.

    My useles ssuggestion for the day is you go to one of those aircraft-hanger sized supermarkets and buy a cheap "beer fridge" in which you can store all this wonderful potential nice and dark, cold and at a constant temperature!

    And yes, I am now running away . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a 'yes lot, a 'no' lot and a 'not next year but maybe sometime in the future' lot. My degree of disorganisation is such, however, that they are all mixed up in the same box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There must be some sort of gardening law that states 'the number of seed packets possessed automatically multiplies to slightly overfill any allocated container'!

    I can't help feeling that just getting a bigger box is not the answer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...